Monday, April 10, 2006

The Afghan and the Navy Seal

From this week's "Newsweek"...

The proud Afghan risked all to save a Navy SEAL. Now, feeling abandoned, he is facing death threats.

April 17, 2006 issue - Even with all the troubles that followed, Mohammad Gulab says he's still glad he saved the U.S. Navy SEAL. "I have no regrets for what I did," the 32-year-old Afghan told NEWSWEEK recently. "I'm proud of my action." Nevertheless, he says, "I never imagined I would pay such a price." Last June, foraging for edible plants in the forest near his home in the Kunar-province village of Sabray, Gulab discovered a wounded commando, the lone survivor of a four-man squad that had been caught in a Taliban ambush. Communicating by hand signs, Gulab brought the injured stranger home, fed and sheltered him for two days and helped contact a U.S. rescue team to airlift him out.

Here's an idea...send him to Yale in exchange for the Yale Taliban.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory